The Cumbria Production System is:
- A way of working to support improvement and innovation across health and social care in Cumbria and the Morecambe Bay area.
- A ‘toolkit’ of tried and tested tools that can give guidance to help support improvement work and problem solving and resolve issues within health and social care.
Developing and implementing the Cumbria Production System
- Helping staff to use and develop the knowledge and skills that they already have
- Giving help to learn, master and apply modern improvement methods
- Understanding and using existing good practice
- Together, developing and agreeing the ‘Cumbria Production System’, using the best of what we know
- Focusing our efforts on our service priorities
- Develop and implement the Cumbria Production System
- Align improvement activities with the Five Year Plan
- Raise awareness of the basics in continuous improvement amongst all health and social care staff