We are now just over 2 weeks away from the fourth Learning Organisation Collaborative (LOC) in the Lakes Festival - ‘We’re all Human - Skills for Safety’.
Less than 20 places remain so don’t miss out on your chance to register for your free place here!
We have Keynotes speeches from:
- Prof Peter Spurgeon – Warwick University. A human factors veteran and expert on doctors and safety
- Andy McKenna – Amtrain – a railways safety expert and experienced safety trainer
- Jonathan West – Royal College of Art (DOME project – ‘design out medical errors’) a mechanical engineer by background, ergonomics and design guru
And workshops from:
- Dr Dawn Benson - Patient Safety Academy, Oxford University
- Rufus Harrington - Senior Lecturer in CBT and Course Director at the University of Cumbria and CEO of WiSER MIND Ltd: Developing a WISER MIND - Reduce worry and fatigue. Enhance decision making. Improve Creativity and Self-esteem
- Stephen Singleton - Director of our Learning and Improvement Collaborative: The History of Human Factors
- Ruth O'Dowd - Consultant Anaesthetist, CD Patient Safety, Surgery and Critical Care
- Plus many more!
The event will be held at The Rheged Centre, Penrith on Tuesday 5th March 2019, 9.30am – 4.30pm. It brings together committed learning organisations, committed ‘collaborators’ and everyone interested in establishing ‘learning and improvement’.
The theme for the festival this year is the development of ‘human factors’ as the study of the interaction between people and systems - to make things safer and more productive - has a history of over 100 years. Much is understood and a lot is intuitive - like realising you will make more mistakes when you are tired or distracted - but also a lot of this knowledge is not regularly and routinely built into healthcare.
LOC in the Lakes will focus on some personal, practical skills to help you manage human factors like fatigue, boredom and distraction and also to build more resilient and safer systems, environments and teams.
We do hope you can join us on the 5th March 2019, to register your place and avoid disappointment, please book here!
LOC in The Lakes 2019 (#LOCinthelakes) is jointly sponsored by The Academic Health Science Network North East and North Cumbria (AHSN NENC) and the Cumbria Learning and Improvement Collaborative (CLIC).