The Bright Ideas in Health Awards is now celebrating its sixteenth year. The Awards are organised by The Academic Health Science Network for the North East and North Cumbria (AHSN NENC).
The Awards celebrate the achievements of individuals and teams working within the NHS, industry and academia, who have risen to the challenge of telling how, and where, they believe that the services provided to patients can be improved, either through a technical innovation or through better service delivery.
Everyone can play a part in developing innovative solutions to the healthcare challenges that we face every day. The competition, depending upon the category, is open to all SMEs, NHS organisations and academic institutions in the North East of England and North Cumbria.
The Categories for the Bright Ideas in Health Awards 2019 are:
- Development of an Innovative Device or Technology
- Digital Innovation in Health and Social Care
- Innovation Champion Award
- Demonstrating an Impact upon Patient Safety
- Outstanding Research Collaboration with the NHS
- Demonstrating an Impact upon Quality Improvement
- Early Diagnosis and Precision Medicine Award
- Innovation in Education
Entries into the Bright Ideas in Health Awards 2019 are now open.
The closing date for entries is 31st July 2019. Finalists will be informed in October and invited to the awards ceremony.
Winners will be announced at the Bright Ideas in Health Awards ceremony, held on Thursday 14th November at the Hilton Newcastle Gateshead Hotel.