The Let’s Talk Bereavement Project funded through NHS Charities Together started delivering free core bereavement skills during Dying Matters Awareness Week (2 - 6 May) to staff and volunteers across North Cumbria who support the public.
Since then, over 150 people from more than 25 organisations (third sector, public sector & private sector) have already attended. Feedback has been supportive and encouraging, and people are recommending the course to others.
The second phase of the project will be starting from October 2022, and additional free training will be available to build on core skills and help develop confidence in supporting children and young people and those bereaved by suicide. Although the funding for free training is for north Cumbria, there is increasing interest from staff in the south Cumbria, Lancashire & North East and where spare places are available, these are offered to those in other parts of our region.
If interested, dates are available to book are as follows:
- 4 August, 10:15 - 11:30am, Virtual: Microsoft Teams
- 8 August, 1:30 - 2:45pm, Virtual: Microsoft Teams
- 9 August, 9:30 - 10:45am, Virtual: Microsoft Teams
- 10 August, 2:00 - 3:15pm, Virtual: Microsoft Teams
- 17 August, 3:30 - 4:45pm, Virtual: Microsoft Teams
- View dates further into the future here...
To find out more about the project, or if you are interested in being involved in planning local events for National Grief Awareness Week (2-8 Dec), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org