Transforming our health and care system may not be the easiest thing to do but we know it is the right thing if we are to offer the best quality care to our communities within the resources that are available to us. Success will depend as much on our relationships and how we interact and learn with one another as the changes that we will make. That is why, as part of our organisational development, our health provider organisations are working together to embed a culture of coaching.
Evidence shows that organisations that have embraced coaching as an approach have better working relationships and improve their performance through supporting their people to learn and grow, enabling them to exercise their own judgement to make the right decisions for the people who use their services.
Cumbria Learning and Improvement Collaborative with the North West Leadership Academy are offering a two day coaching skills programme for senior managers at board and sub-board level within Better Care Together and the Success Regime. We are targeting this opportunity at those managers playing key roles in our respective transformation programmes.
To enable our managers to communicate using core coaching skills in their relationships with their staff and colleagues in order to build a coaching culture throughout the Cumbria Health and Care system.
By the end of the course it is hoped that you will:
- Understand what is meant by a coaching approach and the impact it can have on individuals and organisations
- Understand how and where coaching fits within the health and care economy strategic plans
- Know more about key coaching skills such as: active listening; empathy; asking open questions; giving effective feedback
- Be more aware of the psychological aspects of a coaching approach
- Have experienced and practised using these key coaching skills
- Have identified your next steps for using a coaching approach with your staff and colleagues and the support you need to do this
Dates: Thursday 11th and Friday 12th February 2016, 9.00am to 5.00pm each day
Venue: Westmorland Hotel, Near Orton, Penrith, Cumbria, CA10 3SB
To enquire about a place please contact: email@example.com