Places available now!
Nasogastric Tubes training is a 2 hour session on insertion and management. Learning outcomes include:
- Have an awareness of NPSA alerts and guidelines and serious incidents
- Understand professional accountability and responsibility when caring for a patient with a nasogastric tube, before and after insertion
- Have a full understanding of the ongoing checks required to confirm day to day nasogastric tube placement
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of procedures if gastric aspirate not obtained
- State professional duties and responsibilities for full and complete documentation
- Know when to STOP THE LINE if documentation incomplete and patient safety compromised
- Know how to achieve and maintain competence through continued training and completion of the competency framework
To book you place, please visit our training and events page.