In North Cumbria we want to create happier, healthier communities. We are doing this by:
- Improving the health and care outcomes of our local communities and supporting people of all ages to be in control of their own health;
- Building health and care services around our local communities;
- Building safe and sustainable high quality services;
- Living within our means and use resources wisely;
- Integrating how health and care and other organisations work together;
- Delivering digitally enabled care; and
- Being a great place to work and develop.
People working in our health and care system have a valuable role in helping achieve these aims, and we want to support you to develop the skills and capabilities to do your role whilst you personally learn and grow!
We support learning together through development programmes and communities of interest, both in the classroom and your workplace. The programmes have been developed to support North Cumbria Health and Care’s system priorities, as well as supporting the development needs of countywide services. This year, COVID-19 has led us to review our programmes in light of social distancing, this means that more training will be available online, and some of the sessions that require face to face learning have had their attendee numbers restricted.
We are pleased to share our revised Offer for 2020-21 with you (available to download below). To book a place on one of our programmes, please visit our Training and Events page.