Nasogastric Tubes (Cohort 46)
PLEASE NOTE: This training is for Registered Staff only
Nasogastric Tubes training event is a 2 hours training session for the ongoing care and management of a fine bore nasogastric tube inserted for feeding and or administration of medication.
- Have an awareness of NPSA alerts and guidelines and Serious incidents.
- Understand professional accountability and responsibility when caring for a patient with a nasogastric tube, before and after insertion
- Have a full understanding of the ongoing checks required to confirm day to day nasogastric tube placement
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of procedures if gastric aspirate not obtained
- State professional duties and responsibilities for full and complete documentation
- Know when to STOP THE LINE if documentation incomplete and patient safety compromised.
- Know how to achieve and maintain competence through continued training and completion of the competency framework.
If you have any queries about this event or any special requirements, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org