Supporting Happier, Healthier Communities... Development Opportunities for Staff in Our Health Care System
What We Offer
You can browse our Offer using the menu at the right-hand side of this page. To book a place on one of our programmes, please visit our Training and Events page.
In North Cumbria we want to create happier, healthier communities. We are doing this by:
- Improving the health and care outcomes of our local communities and supporting people of all ages to be in control of their own health
- Building health and care services around our local communities
- Building safe and sustainable high quality services
- Living within our means and using resources wisely
- Integrating how health and care and other organisations work together
- Delivering digitally enabled care
- Being a great place to work and develop
People working in our health and care system have a valuable role in helping achieve these aims, and we want to support you to develop the skills and capabilities to do your role whilst you personally learn and grow!
The Cumbria Learning and Improvement Collaborative (CLIC) is here to develop a positive transformation in the health and social care system across North Cumbria by leading and embedding a culture of collaboration for continuous learning, continuous improvement, and living within our means. Our three key areas of focus are:
- Developing the right skills to provide the best care
- Building our improvement knowhow and engaging people in leading improvements
- Building collective leadership across the system, growing compassionate leaders who role model behaviours and create effective teams
We support learning together through development programmes and communities of interest, both in the classroom and your workplace. The programmes have been developed to support North Cumbria Health and Care’s system priorities, as well as supporting the development needs of countywide services. This year, COVID-19 has led us to review our programmes in light of social distancing, this means that more training will be available online, and some of the sessions that require face-to-face learning have had their attendee numbers restricted.
CLIC will support your learning by following up after any programme to find out what changes you have made and what impact this has had. This evidence is vital for CLIC to ensure that we can continue to offer support and to be able to extend this offering to meet our staffs’ needs into the future.
Most of these programmes are open to all staff working within the health care system – including Primary Care, Cumbria County Council, CCG, third sector and community leaders, and are delivered locally to reduce time, travel and cost. Before booking, please speak with your line manager to ensure that the offering fits with your local priorities and to agree how you will use the learning back in your workplace to benefit patients and service users. It will be helpful to use a contracting document to do this.
You can browse our Offer using the menu at the top right-hand side of this page. To book a place on one of our programmes, please visit our Training and Events page.